October 15, 2023
What (kind of) personal data do we process and when?
1.1 Processing of personal data: We may collect personal data that you provide to us when you purchase our products and/or services as a customer; when you provide us with your products and/or services as a supplier; or when you apply for a position at our company. Under circumstances, we may also collect your personal data from third parties, such as the chamber of commerce; financial institutions; or public authorities. You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, under circumstances, we may need to process your personal data, for example to provide you with our products and/or services. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data, we will not be able to offer such products and/or services to you.
1.2 Personal data and usage data: The personal data we process may include, but is not limited to, your name; email address; postal address; telephone number; payment and invoice details; your resume and other application information; IP address; and any other personal data that you choose to provide. We may automatically collect certain information about your visit to our Website, such as your browser type, device type, operating system, and the pages you access on our Website. This information is used for analytical purposes to improve our services and enhance your experience on the Website.
For which purposes do we process your personal data?
2.1 Provision of Services: We may use your personal data to provide you with our products, services and/or information that you request; to respond to your (business) inquiries, and to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us.
2.2 Business and Marketing: With your consent, we may use your personal data to send you promotional emails or newsletters about our products, services, or special offers. We may also process your personal data based on our legitimate interests to provide you with marketing communications, if we have a customer relationship with you. You can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email. Also, we may process your personal data to detect, prevent, or address fraudulent activities; to detect and resolve security and/or technical issues; and to maintain, support and optimize our business operations and our Website.
2.3 Legal: We may use or disclose your personal data if required to do so by law, or if such action is necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and administrative obligations. However, we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest to protect and to exercise our rights and to defend ourselves against (potential) legal claims.
2.4 Job applications: We may use your personal data to process your job application, and, with your prior consent, retain your job application and resumé to provide you with potential interesting vacancies at our company.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
If we process your personal data, we will do this based on one of the following legal bases:
- Consent: if you have given your prior consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Contract: if the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering in a contract with us;
- Legal obligation: if the processing is necessary for the us to comply with laws and regulations;
- Legitimate interests: if the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless your interests and rights in relation to your personal data outweighs our legitimate interests.
With whom do we share your personal data?
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your personal data are collected and processed. In doing so, we adhere to our internal retention period policy, as well as the statutory retention periods.
5.1 What Are Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you visit certain websites. They are widely used to make websites work or improve their efficiency, as well as to provide reporting information and personalized experiences.
How do we handle data security?
We take organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
What are your data subject rights?
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we process about you:
- The right to access the personal data we process about you, and to receive additional information on the processing of your personal data;
- The right to rectify the personal data we process about you, if the personal data is incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erase your personal data, if the processing of your personal data is unnecessary or unlawfully processed;
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if the personal data is inaccurate, unnecessary, unlawfully processed or if you have objected to the processing of your personal data in relation to our legitimate interests;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, if we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- The right to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to be able to transfer your personal data, if the processing of personal data is based on consent or for the performance of a contract, or if it has been carried out by automated means;
- The right not to be subjected to solely automated individual decision-making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the option of submitting a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch: Authoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
How do we handle children’s privacy?
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected personal data from a child under 13, please contact us.
How can you contact us?